During December 2017, an average of 32 sessions have been implemented in Sawarha, Mawasi, Musadar and Maghazi.
Caritas Jerusalem in Gaza reached out to 195 women during December while during the extension period, we were able to reach out to 472 women.
Each session had particular aims that relate to the previous one. All these sessions aimed to decrease the stress thatwomen might suffer from.
These sessions discussed the following topics:
- Acquaintance and Confidence building.
- Stress Management.
- Techniques of dealing with Children.
- Techniques of dealing with Others.
The following activities were implemented during the sessions:
- Oral and written expression activities.
- Psychodrama (an action method, often used as a psychotherapy, in which the beneficiaries use spontaneous dramatization, role playing, and dramatic self-presentation to investigate and gain insight into their lives).
- Narrative stories.
- Relaxation activities for reducing stress and pressure.
In November 2017, Caritas team completed 32 psychosocial sessions with women in Khoza’a, Al Faraheen and another 16 sessions in Mawasi and Sawarha.
Goals of the conducted sessions:
- To mark the reasons of stress and solve them.
- To learn new methods to manage stress.
- To provide the mothers in the groups with the necessary guidance of child care and how to deal with the effects of stress.
- To promote community affiliation.
- To provide beneficiaries with “Positive psychological discharge methods”.
- To provide beneficiaries with “new methods of education for children” and explaining behavioral problems and treatment methods.
- Improvement on the psychological state of women.
- Treatment programs for needy women concerning behavioral problems for their children.
- Discussing the physical behaviors of children such as finger nibbling or sucking.
“Through sessions we can speak loudly and freely about our problems, discuss it smoothly and solve it by dealing with new techniques such as music therapy”, said one of the beneficiaries and asked for more sessions.
The total number of beneficiaries reached were 277 women with 48 sessions. They were satisfied with the topics which mainly focused on stress management and ways of dealing with others.
Caritas team started the psychosocial sessions with women in four areas (Khozaa, Faraheen, Mawasi and Sawarha) in which each area included four groups and each group consisted of app. 25 women.
The psychologist started with the subjects according to the plan that was written and revised by the consultant.
The first topic was about “Acquaintance and Confidence building”:
- Ice breaking among the participants.
- Giving the chance for participants to express their feelings through games.
After the first session, participants were confident enough to stand in front of the group to express their ideas and feelings. Continue reading
In October 2017, Caritas team implemented several visits to the eleven CBO’s to plan for the next step which is to empower the women in the targeted marginalized areas, especially for those who live in the targeted areas of intervention and are desperately in need of the psychosocial support that Caritas Jerusalem offers.
Caritas team explained and discussed the Agenda and the activities with the CBO’s to reach out to the neediest according to the criteria while respecting their privacy, culture and traditions.
The psychologist will work with four groups in each area and each group will take four sessions according to the charter which is written by Caritas consultant, taking in consideration the time of activities for each subject.